About Company :
It is a technology company focused on creating cutting edge applications across the device spectrum. Devices could be web based, mobile, TV-OS or even a voice command speaker like Amazon Echo. Unlike most IT services firms, their approach is more consultative and product centric. They work with clients not just as service providers but as consultants for their product and help them innovate and develop the best version of their vision. Additionally, on the technology services side, they create plug and play models for various customer segments basis our insights. For instance, for the vast number of public libraries in the US, they have a white label product where a Library could 'plug and play' their own App on the iOS or Android App Stores.
Function : Technology - IT & Systems
Job Description :
We are looking for an Android developer responsible for the development and maintenance of applications aimed at a vast number of diverse Android devices. Your primary focus will be the development of Android applications and their integration with back-end services. You will be working along-side other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential.
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Java code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as “touch”
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
Java, MVP/MVVM, Design patterns, Picasso/ Glide, Volley/Retrofit/RX Java/ RX Android, Butter Knife, Dagger, Constraint layout, google map V3 or later, FCM, Social media Integration, graphics, animations framework GIt code repository.
Working Days : 6 Days a Week (9:30 AM to 6:30 PM)